Journal of Advanced Instrumentation in Science (JAIS) is a new peer-reviewed open access journal specialized in advanced instrumentation both for experimental research in basic science and for technological developments and applications in different environmental and bioengineering fields. JAIS aims to span over a large variety of items, from new generation of gas and silicon detectors for particle and astroparticle physics to innovative sensors for environmental monitoring and medical diagnostic, also with laser driven technologies. Since the important role in the instrumentation development is related to the readout electronics and data processing, JAIS also intends to offer its platform to review frontier achievements in the area of microelectronics and machine learning algorithms. The goal is to provide the community of physicists and engineers involved in the above mentioned fields with a platform to publish informative summaries of important findings.
JAIS publications will be dealing with concepts, methods, modelling, simulations, sources, instrumentation, hardware, apparatus and applications in various fields.
JAIS topics include but are not limited to:
- Instrumentation, detectors, apparatus, detection methods, and techniques
- Instrumentation related software
- Data reduction
- Detector readout and control electronics
- Trigger and data acquisition systems and electronics
- Applications in (but not limited to) particle, astroparticle, nuclear, atomic, and molecular physics, synchrotron-radiation research, astronomy, astrophysics, engineering, biomedical science, material research, plasma research, medical imaging, diagnostics, medical therapy, dosimetry, monitoring, imaging, radiation protection, non-destructive testing (NDT), nuclear energy and safety
- General technical topics