JAIS is pleased to be a sponsor of Muographers2023.Read more about International Workshop on Muography (Muographers2023)
International Workshop on Cosmic-Ray Muography (Muography2023), Naples, Italy
Experimental challenges in the direct search for dark matter
We are experiencing an era of profound technological transformations that will significantly change the organization of our society. Even basic scientific research will be able to face the challenges of the next decades only if adequate instruments will be available in laboratories all over the world to carry out increasingly complicated measurements and experiments. It should also be emphasized that, while in the last century basic research has had a priority role in guiding applied research, the present paradigm sees technology research as a development factor in society and research agencies are allocating more and more important funds.
Furthermore, multidisciplinary is increasingly becoming an added value in the organization of academies and in the allocation of resources.
All these considerations have prompted us to propose a new instrumentation magazine that is highly multidisciplinary, bridges the gap between basic research and applied engineering research, and is capable of intercepting new needs.
JAIS publications will be dealing with concepts, methods, modelling, simulations, sources, instrumentation, hardware, apparatus and applications in various fields.
JAIS topics include but are not limited to:
- Instrumentation, detectors, apparatus, detection methods, and techniques
- Instrumentation related software
- Data reduction
- Detector readout and control electronics
- Trigger and data acquisition systems and electronics
- Applications in (but not limited to) particle, astroparticle, nuclear, atomic, and molecular physics, synchrotron-radiation research, astronomy, astrophysics, engineering, biomedical science, material research, plasma research, medical imaging, diagnostics, medical therapy, dosimetry, monitoring, imaging, radiation protection, non-destructive testing (NDT), nuclear energy and safety
- General technical topics